Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the post of Internal Auditor with the Barbados Water Authority (BWA).
Provide independent and objective evaluations of financial and operational business activities, including corporate governance, to ensure the efficient use of BWA’s resources.
The Internal Auditor will report to the Manager, Internal Audit, or his/her designate.
- Perform all aspects of financial, operational, and compliance audits following generally accepted professional standards.
- Examine and analyze company records and financial documents to identify irregularities, risks, fraud, and data inaccuracies.
- Conduct follow-up audits to ensure the implementation of audit recommendations.
- Obtain and analyze data to provide an objective, informed opinion on the adequacy of internal controls.
- Perform analytical reviews and assess the risk management processes, systems of internal control, and corporate governance processes across the BWA.
- Research topics on controls and best practices in any area that would enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of BWA.
- Determine ways to cut costs and improve profitability.
- Assess the efficiency and productivity of internal staff and make recommendations for improvement.
- Recommend enhancements to the Authority’s processes, functions, and records.
- Present findings to the Management and Board of Directors in the form of reports and presentations.
- Coordinate and conduct special audits, investigations, and ad-hoc projects with minimal supervision and direction.
- Liaise with staff during the performance of audits.
- Ensure that there is no unauthorized disclosure of confidential information.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Manager, Internal Audit, or his/her designate.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
A professional qualification in auditing/accounting recognized by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Barbados: ACCA, GGA, CPA, CIA, and not less than five years of relevant experience.
A degree with a major in Accounting, Finance, or Management Information Technology and not less than three to five years of relevant experience.
Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and practices and appropriate financial control;
- Requires excellent planning and project management skills to develop audit plans and ensure the timely completion of projects;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and balance workload to complete multiple assignments within time constraints;
- Demonstrates initiative, innovation, and drive for results;
- Excellent writing skills to prepare audit documents and reports and to present results to senior management and the Board;
- Ability to apply sound analytical and interpretive skills to problem-solving, strong attention to detail, and organizational skills;
- Good interpersonal and speaking skills to communicate with all levels of management;
- Excellent organizational skills to prioritize competing job tasks and responsibilities;
- Possess strong work ethics and be results-oriented;
- Ability to plan and conduct Information Technology audits;
- Strong computer skills; Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
SALARY AND ALLOWANCES
The successful candidate will receive an attractive salary and benefits package.
Applications with full curriculum details should be emailed to HR@bwa.gov.bb or addressed to:
The Director of Human Resources Management and Development
Barbados Water Authority
Pine Commercial Estate
The closing date for receipt of applications is November 17, 2023.
Unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.