The Barbados Water Authority (BWA) is the Statutory Board charged with the responsibility for the efficient management of the island’s water resources and providing an adequate and regular supply of safe potable water and satisfactory waste water services. The BWA is fast paced, high energy, customer focused and highly responsive to the needs of its employees and customers alike.
The Authority has a staff complement of approximately seven hundred and fifty (750) employees operating from fifty (50) facilities across the island and is currently engaged in a number of operational and capital works projects and is changing a number of work systems and processes, with a view to modernizing its operations.
The BWA is seeking to recruit a suitable qualified, experienced, focused and energetic individual to join the Authority’s Management team as Manager, Finance – Budget & Planning.
Manage the budget, audit and planning activities of the BWA.
The person filling the position will report to the Director, Finance.
- Consolidation of the appropriate budget templates for all departments of the BWA;
- Complying with the approved policy of budgeting regarding deadlines and management of the budgeting process;
- Reviewing budget estimates from all departments of the BWA and critically examining them for correctness, accuracy and completeness;
- Ensuring department managers meet budget submission deadlines;
- Providing an overview of the financial status of all operations;
- Analyzing actual results to budgets and forecasts;
- Submitting budget reports to other management of the BWA for further scrutiny and approval;
- Monitoring the budget throughout the year;
- Assisting in projecting future financial needs, taking into consideration the various projects undertaken by the BWA;
- Assisting with the preparation of the Annual Plan and Statement of Corporate Intent of the BWA and making the necessary updates to the plans according to any material changes in the business or the regulations which may affect forecasts.
- Planning and co-ordination of the annual audits of the BWA;
- Any other duties as assigned by the Director, Finance from time to time.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP);
- Knowledge and understanding of tax laws of Barbados;
- Excellent analytical skills to interpret financial statements;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent time management;
- Excellent negotiation and problem solving skills;
- Familiarity with accounting programs inclusive of Microsoft Great Plains would be an asset;
- Knowledge of State Owned Enterprise accounting, budgeting, and financial reporting procedures and processes would be an asset.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of professional accounting certification from a recognised body such as ACCA/CGA/CPA/CMA program or the equivalent level of a professional qualification in accounting recognized by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Barbados;
- Proven work experience as a Manager;
- A minimum of five years relevant experience.
SALARY AND ALLOWANCES
Salary payable will be at the GD level in the Barbados Water Authority pay structure – i.e. $6,449.52 – $8,773.76 – $11,757.69.
Applications with full curriculum details should be emailed to HR@bwa.gov.bb or addressed to:
The Director Human Resources Management and Development
Barbados Water Authority
Pine Commercial Estate
The closing date for receipt of applications is December 14, 2022.
Unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.