Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the Engineer (Civil, Electrical and Mechanical) post at the Barbados Water Authority (BWA).
The Barbados Water Authority (BWA) is the Statutory Board charged with the responsibility for the efficient management of the island’s water resources to ensure the provision of an adequate and regular supply of safe potable water and satisfactory wastewater services. The BWA is fast-paced, high-energy, customer-focused, and highly responsive to the needs of its employees and customers alike.
The successful applicant will be required to perform the following functions:
- Assist the Section Head/Supervisor in the day-to-day operations, monitoring, management and control of the Department/Section or Project. This includes but is not limited to:
- Prepare reports, estimates, cost analysis, data analysis, and budgets;
- Supervise and assign work to other employees and serve as a liaison between the BWA and the public;
- Develop programmes or decision support tools to gather and analyze information for decision-making;
- Monitor and keep equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services, following the manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures;
- Assist with the training and guidance of employees assigned to the Department/Section/ or Project.
- Conduct research and engineering designs on assigned projects or problems and submit reports for review and/or action by the Engineering/Project Manager through the Section Head/Supervisor including:
- Preparing project budgets;
- Identifying resources required and bills of quantities;
- Preparing Gantt and other project management charts for each project;
- Making at least four (4) project presentations per year; and
- Submit monthly progress reports and final reports for approval by the Section Head/Supervisor and Engineering/Project Manager.
- Assist the Section Head/Supervisor in reviewing and documenting the operating rules of the Section, work flow processes, development of performance indicators for comparison with industry practices and identifying and recommending improvements, including use of new technologies and tools to cut operating costs, improve operating efficiencies etc.
- Evaluate engineered systems and products by designing and conducting research programmes; applying engineering principles and materials;
- Participate in orientation and training programmes designed to develop and enhance your skills;
- Carry out any other related work allocated by the Section Head/Supervisor through the Manager responsible for the Engineering Department/or Project to which you are assigned.
It should be noted that from time to time, an Engineer assigned to a specific discipline will be expected to function in other related disciplines dependent on the Authority’s workflow.
The successful applicant should have:
- A Degree in Civil/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering from a recognized institution and be a registered professional engineer;
- A Registration Certificate of Practice Engineering;
- At least four (4) years post post-registration working experience in the Engineering field;
- Competency in the use of various Engineering Software and Microsoft Suite;
- Experience in the Utility Sector would be an asset;
- Ability to coordinate engineering projects.
- Excellent Supervisory Skills with the ability to lead and motivate individuals to perform at their best;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to deliver to deadlines;
- Possess strong work ethics and be results-oriented;
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
SALARY AND ALLOWANCES
The successful candidate will receive an attractive salary and benefits package based on their qualifications and experience.
Applications supported by full Curriculum Vitae should be emailed to HR@bwa.gov.bb or addressed to:
The Director of Human Resources Management and Development
Barbados Water Authority
Pine Commercial Estate
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, December 15, 2023.
Unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.