BWA News Release – Water Bills Delayed
Water Bills Delayed
The Barbados Water Authority (BWA) advises the public that due to technical difficulties experienced recently with its Customer Information System (CIS), there has been a delay in the preparation of some water bills for May. As a result, some customers may receive their bills after the payment due date and are advised to settle these balances as soon as possible.
Customers may visit the BWA Payment Centre at the Pine Headquarters, the Pine, St. Michael to make enquiries and payments. Bill queries may also be directed to 434-4292 between 8.30 a.m. and 12 midnight every day or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Persons with a brought forward balance on their account or those following a payment agreement should pay their bills promptly to avoid disconnection.
Please remember that water bills can also be paid at:
- All branches of Republic Bank (Barbados) Ltd.,
- the Barbados Public Workers Cooperative Credit Union Ltd., and
- All Post Offices.
Online payments can be made via:
- the Bank of Nova Scotia,
- First Caribbean International Bank,
- the Royal Bank of Canada,
- Republic Bank (Barbados) Ltd., and
- Barbados Public Workers’ Co-operative Credit Union Limited’s Co-Optima Connect.
Every effort is being taken to ensure that regular billing operations resume as soon as possible. The Authority wishes to thank customers for their patience and understanding. (ENDS)
June 10, 2020