There are many ways in which you can save water, benefiting our environment and also your pocket.
- Fix leaking taps – a dripping tap can waste more than 60 litres of water per week.
- Don’t leave the tap running to clean dishes or vegetables, use a bowl of water instead.
- Keep a jug of water in the fridge so there is no need to run the water until it gets cold.
- Fully load your washing machine as a full load uses less water than two half-loads.
- Have a refreshing shower instead of a bath. This can save over 150 litres of water per week. But be careful – a power shower can use more water than a bath!
- A running tap can use six litres of water per minute so turn off the tap when brushing your teeth.
- Fill the kettle with only as much water as you need.
- Save up to 125 litres of water by using a bucket instead of a hose when you wash your car.
- Collect rainwater to use on your plants and lawn, or to wash your car.