Important Things To Note
When conducting business with the Barbados Water Authority, customers should be aware that:
- When querying or paying a bill, customers should present a current water bill to the agent.
- The due date which appears on the bottom right hand corner of your water bill refers ONLY to current water charges and NOT any previous balance or arrears on the account. Any balance forward needs to be cleared immediately to avoid disconnection.
- Accounts with arrears should be paid directly to the Barbados Water Authority payment centre in Manor Lodge, Green Hill, St. Michael.
- Any customer having challenges making payment to the Authority can visit the Customer Service Centre to make arrangements to settle the outstanding amounts.
- To apply for a new service the documents required are:- Town & Country Planning Approval, picture identification & a recent copy of a Land Tax Receipt. If the land does not belong to the applicant then a letter from the owner granting permission to the applicant, along with the owner’s national registration number must be included.
- When applying for an additional service the new account must be in the name of the existing Account holder; the service must be inspected and approved by a BWA Superintendent before payment is made or installation done. In addition, if there are arrears on the existing account, the additional service may be denied.
- If a service is in a Zone 1 area it must be inspected before payment for installation is made and the customer will be notified of the findings.
- Services of 1-inch and over must be approved by a BWA Engineer.
- BWA Meters should be accessible and visible at all times to BWA personnel. Garbage should not be dumped next to or on meters.
- The customer is responsible for the service from the meter to their home while the BWA is responsible for service of all pipes from the road to the meter.
- Customers should ensure that plumbing connections are in good working condition especially toilets with flapper valves.
- Services which were disconnected by the Authority with a lock are not guaranteed restitution in under 24 hours.
- When there is a change in property ownership, the following documents are required by BWA, Title Deeds, Conveyances, Wills, Land Tax Receipts or a letter from an Attorney.
- Property owners are reminded that the Barbados Water Authority does not mail bills overseas. In the event that the property belongs to an absentee owner, a local agent who will accept responsibility for the service must be appointed.